Frequently Asked Question
If you have a student who is having trouble getting into Google Classroom or any other app that requests you to fill in username and password on the first try, this guide will walk you through steps to take to fix this for them. We've had questions from teachers and parents as a result of parents entering in the information incorrectly the first time or even students having the wrong name in our system, among other causes of this info to be incorrect.
- Login to Clever. Go to https://clever.com/in/shelby and login using either your Google account or Computer account. If it asks you, click to Login as a Teacher.
- Click on the Help Student button on the right side of the portal.
- Type in the name of your student, clicking on the correct one as it finds them. If you don't see them at all, contact us and we'll take care of it ASAP!
- We're going to say NO to this question as the problem isn't related to logging into Clever.
- Type in the name of the app you're having difficulties with. In this case, I'm fixing a Google Classroom problem.
- When asked if they can see the app, click Yes.
- Next we're given the options to fix the credentials of the student's app button. Here we're going to click Set Credentials.
- Type in the full email address and password of your student. Make sure to include "@student.shelbyk12.org" in the username. Then click Update.
If these steps do not resolve the problem, please let us know and we'll take care of it for you!